The Ag-Tech sector is severely underserved by the capital markets, and we see an opportunity to acquire global companies who have provided solutions to the industry and are leading innovation moving forward. We are creating a separate corporate office to aggressively pursue such acquisitions. The robustness of our engagement with potential targets has confirmed our belief and desire to be part of a larger integrated Ag-Tech solutions provider, where each separate element of the business has its existing legacy business and can leverage across areas of expertise to expand their business footprint. We believe that there is currently no one that we are aware of who is pursuing this model in the US capital markets environment at this time.
The AgriFORCE Grow House
The Company is an agriculture-focused technology company that delivers innovative and reliable, financially robust solutions for high value crops through our proprietary facility design and automation IP to businesses and enterprises globally. The Company intends to operate in the plant based pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and high value crop markets using its unique proprietary facility design and hydroponics based automated growing system that enable cultivators to effectively grow crops in a controlled environment. The Company calls its facility design and automated growing system the “AgriFORCE grow house”. The Company has designed its AgriFORCE grow house to produce in virtually any environmental condition and to optimize crop yields to as near their full genetic potential possible while substantially eliminating the need for the use of pesticides, fungicides and/or irradiation. The Company is positioning itself to deliver solutions to a growing industry where end users are demanding environmentally friendly and sustainable, controlled growing environments and processes. The initial market focus is the cultivation of food and other high value crops in California, and proof of concept will be to apply the IP to biomass production of plant based vaccine materials. The Company believes that its IP will provide a lower cost cultivation solution for the indoor production of crops due to a combination of higher crop quality and yields, and reduced operating costs. The Company has designed its AgriFORCE grow house as a modular growing facility that it plans to build and license to licensed operators for the cultivation of food and high value crops. The AgriFORCE grow house incorporates a design and technology that is the subject of a provisional patent that the Company has submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office on March 7, 2019. On March 6, 2020, a New International Patent Application No. PCT/CA2020/050302 Priority Claim United States 62/815, 131 was filed. The Company’s IP can be adapted to a multitude of crops and required growing conditions where exacting environmental control and pharma grade equivalent cleanliness and processes are required to meet the highest cultivation standards. By delivering the first facility, the Company will be in a position to demonstrate the performance and to target Good Manufacturing Practices standards compliance necessary to engage the pharma industry as it moves into modifying its IP to meet the particular plant biomass requirements for vaccines and other pharma biomass.
As the Company commences construction of its micropropagation facility and grow house, it will start to develop its solution for fruits and vegetables focusing on the integration of its current structure with a new form of vertical grow technology. Although many of the components and elements will be the same or similar in nature, the automation and integration for going vertical and accommodating lighting, circulation, climate control and humidity control will be somewhat different. Therefore, the Company intends to develop a small working commercial facility as it moves to finalize design and engineering. The Company believes it can deliver new IP for vertical farming with a view to constructing its first commercial facility to serve the Southern California market for fresh local leafy greens (first crop) before rolling out its solution to address other crops and other local markets in the United States and internationally.
Our Intellectual Property Strategy
The Company’s IP and business is focused on four (4) key elements:
1) FACILITY AND LIGHTING DESIGN
- The facility utilizes a proprietary building envelope system that allows virtually the full light spectrum and substantial portions of the UV light spectrum through it. It is fully sealed and utilizes positive air pressure exchange to create a microclimate that optimizes temperature, humidity, CO2, air velocity, filtration, and sanitation through the process of biomimicry.
- Advanced proprietary supplemental grow lighting technologies achieving optimal luminous efficacy, spectrum, distribution characteristics, automated DLI management and fixture architecture.
2) AUTOMATION AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Proprietary automated grow system(s) and technology integrated through IOT and artificial intelligence.
- Self learning input factors to create the highest yield, lowest impact cultivation.
3) FERTIGATION AND NUTRIENTS
- White label and proprietary organic based blends/products tailored and focused on improved yields and reduced impact cultivation.
4) MICROPROPAGATION AND GENETICS
- Optimized cellular cloning and tissue culture process tailored to facility environment optimization to ensure enhanced solution specific genetic outcomes.
To maximize the AgriFORCE grow house’s production capacity, each AgriFORCE grow house will incorporate its own tissue culture laboratory for micropropagation into the Company’s proprietary mechanized and automated growing system. AgriFORCE micropropagation laboratories will enable the micropropagation of healthy plantlets that will then be transplanted and grown to maturity in its facilities.
Our Business Plan
The Company plans to develop its business by focusing on both an organic growth plan and through M&A. The Company’s organic growth plan is focused on four distinct phases:
PHASE 1: COMPLETED: 2017-2020
- Conceptualization, Engineering, and Design of Facility and Systems.
- Completed selection process of key environmental systems with preferred vendors.
- The signing of revenue contracts with the Exclusive Independent Operator (EIO) for the first 3 facilities completed.
- The arrangement of 3 offtake agreements signed with Exclusive Independent Operator (EIO) for those 3 facilities when complete.
- Selection and Land Purchase agreement in Coachella, CA for 41.37-acre parcel subject to financing completion in 2021.
- ForceFilm material ordered.
PHASE 2: 2021:
- Complete the financing for, and purchase of, the 41.37-acre parcel in Coachella, CA
- Site preparation and utilities infrastructure build out for the campus (up to 8 facilities).
- Fit out and complete genetics lab for micropropagation, breeding, and R&D to achieve near term revenue (8 months) of the sale of tissue culture clones for variant crops.
- Additional raw materials procurement of AgriFORCE IP specific automated grow system, supplemental grow lighting and controls systems, and manufacture of the building envelope materials.
- Conceptualization and design of vertical grow solutions in order to develop a small scale vertical grow house.
- Focus on the delivery and installation of the first facility.
PHASE 3: 2022-2024:
- Focus on the delivery and installation of the second and third facilities. Proof of quantitative and qualitative benefits will drive both sales pipeline acceleration for subsequent years.
- Design and complete an R&D facility for plant-based pharma and food solutions testing and demonstration including genetic optimization through TC and breeding. Commence engagement with universities and pharmaceutical companies.
- Construct small scale vertical grow house and operate successfully.
- Finalize the design and engineering of vertical grow solution with construction commencement late in the third year. Commence engagement with local restaurants and grocery stores and develop a vertical grow house branding strategy.
PHASE 4: 2025:
- Focus on delivery and installation of additional facilities.
- Expand geographic presence into other states whilst also introducing the grow house to other international markets with a view to securing additional locations and markets by year four.
- Targeted additional contracts of 3 facilities.
- Commence and complete first vertical grow commercial facility to serve Southern California market by end of year 4.
The Company’s initial AgriFORCE grow houses are planned to be constructed in California.
With respect to M&A growth, the Company is creating a separate corporate office to aggressively pursue acquisitions. The Company will focus on identifying target companies in the key four pillars of its platform where each separate element of the business has its existing legacy business and can leverage across areas of expertise to expand their business footprint. The Company believes that a buy and build strategy will provide unique opportunities for innovation across each segment of the Ag-Tech market we serve. Our unique IP combined with the know-how and IP of acquired companies will create additional value if the way we grow or produce crops.
The Company believes there is currently no other public traded publicly in the United States pursing this model.